Monday, July 9, 2007

IT for dummies

Today i woke up at 7.30..i havent been waking up this early since a decade ago (ok, im exaggerating). Anyhow..Ive been sent to attend a multimedia training by my superior for some modern journalism using modern technologies and hi-tech devices. Yes, its boring and that explains y im yip-yapping this. The trainer is still dancing around clowning in front of me. I am not exactly a journalist, but i do deal with loads of em.so, according to my boss, this course is crucial for me. So i came equipped as required..i had to get a notebook, borrowed my brother's 3G phone n pack my digital camera here..(and im even equipped with ipod too just incase my eyedrop failed to constraint my eyelids from getting glued together)

Anyhow, for the past 3 hours since this workshop starts, Ive been bombared with much needed morning surprise by some of the contestant around me, (actual journalist- to whom this training is especially conducted for). Earlier, one of them leaned over n asked me smtg. Since she was whispering, i cant really hear her. all i can hear was 'what' 'ipod' 'bla bla'..so, thinking that she's probably questioning bout what links the ipod to journalisme, i explained that the guy in front will probably fill us in later..cuz i dont hav a clue.. but, when she repeat her question.., i stood staring at her, jaw dropped to my collar. her question was 'What is an ipod?' Ok, this...coming from a journalist for one of the top Malaysian paper! Moreover, this girl is somehow well dressed, all mat-saleh slang and stuff. I cant help but wonder, how backdated can one be when it comes to technology??

I mean, we're not exactly living on the outskirts here. This is KL la weh..how can one never heard of a gadget made famous by school kids travelling the lrt to school every morning?? Ok, perhaps some of us r not really polished with a squaky savvyness in the technology field but at least we are not expected to report news for the whole nation to dig. Can u imagine how questionable her reportings are? Anyway, she just signalled me to a ciggie session. Im gonna take my pod and be all heroic and introduce her to it..at least i can convince myself of at least one purpose of why im here.. wheee!

1 comment:

  1. OMG..tat ah lien must be an alien okay!!probably from one of the unrecognized planet!even my 1 year old niece,milena listened to iPod!WTF??

    ReplyDelete