Sunday, January 20, 2008

Becoming Jane

It's quite rare nowadays to see movies with an ending less predictable or script writing that touched u to the core and left u linger with the thought of what's said for days and think about the rational in it. Anyway, yesterday while i was bored to death and contemplating wether to jump off my 20thfloor apartment or eat everything edible in the fridge till i bloat and burst like bubble, i followed my better judgement and lock myself in front of the tv and watch dvd instead. (while laying on sofa like a beached whale and munching on chips like potato!)

That's right, i watched Becoming Jane starring Anne Hathaway. It was a bloody good movie..(for me la at least) but I'd bet my sarcasm to Alfie and stop bein such pain in the ass for him if every other people who loves good literature, good pictures, brilliant talking and doesnt agree with me.

Anyway, id let you do the watching and reviewing yourself..
Perhaps i'll share some of my fav lines from the movie..in this one part, Jane (Anne Hathaway) and Tom were reviewing a reading that Tom suggested Jane to read. Jane bein a writer, naturally condems his choice of book while implying an irony towards him (cuz she viewed him as an ignorant man what with his reputation and all) so Tom defended
'Vice leads to difficulty, virtue to reward, bad characters come to bad end..' and Jane replied 'But in life, bad characters often thrive, take yourself..' and another line by Wisley 'sometimes affection is a shy flower that takes time to blossom'

Well evertheless, Jane was bein a hard headed not wanting to give in to a man's opinion and all..but that's just some part of a fecking impressive script writing..not to mention good pictures/scene/set of the movie. And that Tom Lefroy is one fine looking male and no doubt, he's my kind of guy..very.

pis: I laughed, cried and even jumped with excitement at some part of the show...Was indeed an effective directing

1 comment: