Saturday, March 22, 2008

Musical Agenda


Was at the Sunburst Festival last Saturday @ The Bt. Kiara Equestrian.. carrying with me an umbrella and some used newspaper to separate my butt from stamping the wet grass due to downpour earlier that day. As usual, finding a cark park has never been a merciful task whenever an event took place there..with the entrance facing a junction, a flyover and whatever not. Giving a clear picture of a not-so-beautifully lined cars parking-scattered all along the road from afar so you’d be prepared to either fill ur tank to be able to make trillion rounds for a shorter walk to the venue OR pull a 3-pointer at the very 1st sign of an empty space and get ur Evian ready for a walkathon. Anyway, we chose to pay unofficial authorities for an access to the Science center parking lots and (still had to) walk..a lil.

At the entrance, tho we didn’t need to queue to show off our complimentary tickets *ehem*, I was somehow welcomed with a good splash from a puddle carpeting our way in (thank god, I wear slippers)..past the entrance and paying decent respect to Mush’s hommies (the horsies), our eardrums can already catch the dings and dangs from the 3-active stages playing I-have-no-idea-what (I didn’t bother to even look for the 4th stage-tak penting). Somehow, I still couldn’t get my spirit in 1 place to be even half excited at the thought of seeing Incubus and John Legend performing live. Having missed the private-cocktail to mingle with the artist the night before to surrender to my blessed-nature of laziness and an aching body, the thot of not getting to memorize the whole lyrics frm both albums (to avoid some alih-bahasa-styled lip sync and laughed at by neighbouring audiences)..made it even less inviting..so, I was checked-mate into dragging my lazy ass to tail my excited entourage across the field to see Roots (they were peforming as we arrived)

The Roots was somehow listenable..but my state of mind and feet just wasn’t warmed enough to sway a smooth shake to mock the music and join my friends who danced like they’ve been a religious-listener to the band..(not..!hha..but u guys rawk nevertheless)..2 bands after that, we found ourselves crushed in-between inconsiderate assholess cutting thru to block our view with a massive slabs of fats standing 2ft taller and a group of sleek-and-shiny beings of various sizes smoking a nasty-smelled cigarette while happily blowing it to the back of our heads and talks loud enough for us to smell their rotten-corpse-smelling-breath.!ugh! The crowd was immovable..people are crushing to get a closer-view of Johnny (or better yet, to catch a sprinkle of his armpit waterworks perhaps)-can u imagine those morons bein selfish and contaminate the small amount of quality air left for me to breathe?? (after much my nose had to filter;10 perfumes mixed together, BO, sweaty-wet shirts, BO, the intolerable good-smell of the cute guy standing next to me (tipu je..), sweats…etc..btw, those idiots r not local, so that qualified them to be called ‘kurang ajar’!)

Legend was suppose to be on at abt 10..but the torturing environment made me whine and lost the last pieces of patience I hav left in my already-half hearted self. So, I cursed the star. Well, no doubt u hav quite a crowd.No doubt ure a star. So, supposedly the fashionably-late image is somehow unquestionable..not! not for me la at least. But since Im bein cranky despite the fact that I didn’t really fork out 200 bucks 4 tix, I just don’t think it’s fair for everyone else to be kept waiting like that. I think he’s just simply ‘mengada’.. so, while waiting 4 the man who self-pronounce himself a legend, me and my friend indulged in some bitching-me: complain..complain..complain and she feds me some infos abt the private cocktail and how Mr. Legend kept everyone waiting for him (naturally) and then appeared for a mere 10 minutes and left..according to reliable sources, he’s just not in the mood cuz his girlfriend didn’t make the flight to Malaysia.wtf? emotional-bimbangs?..not professional ok!

So, as I gave myself the last 5-minutes to withstand the heat n be surrounded by Legend-hungry fans and countless eardrum-piercing shrieks due to false-alarm..(everytime, a crew appeared frm backstage 4 last-minute preparation, they screamed their lungs thinking it’s him..hah!), he finally appeared…so very arrogantly standing chest-out..arms wide open and tilt his head a lil for the ‘The Rock’-effect..

Ok, girls (and guys too) were screaming like they’ve just seen an angel-fall before their eyes..(thank god I lost my Johnny-craving friends somewhere in the crowd, cuz I can imagine how I’d be half-deaf by the time Incubus takes center stage and it wont make me very happy considering Incubus bein my sole-purpose bein there). Probably if Johnny didn’t test my patience and made me spoil my hair, I would’ve joined the crowd n pleased him the pleasure of bein worshipped like that. Instead, I mumbled, ‘this better be good!’..few head turns and gave me the nod-I suspect those are boyfriends whose WII was pried frm their hand to make their girlfriend happy..

Anyway, thank you God..he is in fact, GOOD! Quite a handsome face inperson but as he sweat himself to the 3rd song, his ‘boroi’ness made way to show against him soaked-white-T. Somewhen during the show, a girl I made friend with told me that there’s a video of him on YouTube getting a boner while having a fan on-stage to dirty dance with him..so I kinda hoped to see something like that..you know…true enuf, he did call a girl upstage to dance with him. The girl, granted with a story to brag to her greened-eyed-friends clearly didn’t offscoured the opportunity.She kindof smothered herself with Johnny’s sweat while a battlecry-sound effect filled the atmosphere. Well, I just couldn’t imagine sticking myself to someone’s sweat like that..regardless if it’s Johnny or Hugh Jackman or..hmm…Alfie even…kot…but anyhow, I applauded. At least someone gets an action. Tho, I guess Johnny learned from his lesson and picked someone quite decently dressed and perhaps...errmm..not-so-hot...so...No boner…*boriiiiiing*

I left the swamp for the loo aftr the 5th song I guess.. somewhere away frm the crowd, i turned..guess what, the view was way clearer frm behind the hungry crowd...with no curly hair blocking Johnny’s pot belly and generous fresh air n space too!. You can even sit on the grass and enjoy Johnny jumping around the stage and hear his singing clearly. So, learnt from the 5-secs theory that I just cooked up, I went straight to the other stage and got myself ready for Incubus..

I set my mat somewhere 30 metres frm the stage. The assembly hasn’t formed, clearly wetting themselves for whatever’s left of the legend. As I sat alone on the mat, I texted my entourage of my latitude, then i took off my slippers and stretched my leg for a smoke. Gosh, it was heavenly. It crossed my mind how lucky we are in Malaysia..Imagine Woodstock..or in fact any other paying concerts out there..Can u imagine the crowd? Ugh! Here, the last person at the end of the crowd still stood within a hundred metres from the stage..and yet u hav the comfort of beer-drinking your way around...stretch ur arms wide open and dance goofy without having to step on someone’s feet. Even if u do, u x have to worry abt blocking the way to stop and apologize, swap glances and even numbers if ure witty enough.

As my friends lost their way in the crowd again, I stood on my mat (turned dance floor),ready to welcome Mr. Brandon & co. As I suspected, we hav more fans crowding the stage..Not to mentioned few lost-looking girlfriends making their way thru the crowd..must be looking for their WII-freak boyfriend who decided to lose them for something much worthy..(I don’t blame them)

We weren’t kept waiting for the 1st song to soothe our ears..Punctual as Legend never was..they even managed to jump-que to push our local band, Search to wrap it up.( Pity them, half of the audience didn’t even wait till Incubus ends to avoid traffic, can u imagine how little stayed to see our legendary local band? tsk..tsk..)
However needless to say, during Incubus performing..the crowd was so enthusiastically lively. I was alone but still, it didnt stop me from jumping around on my mat, not caring the surrounding and continue bafooning myself to tune after tune. The performance was over the top! Worth every veins and muscle ive strained to be there that night..

Somewhere in between ‘Come one, come all
Into nineteen-eighty four
Yeah, three, two, one...
Lights! camera! Transaction...’ Brandon took off his shirt...Oh gosh..Can’t really picture that with word..but enough to say that my phone beep with an sms from Mush saying ‘i knw..ure havin an orgasm right now!’..
Didn’t exactly happen that way..but I did screamed till i hurt my tonsils...*pengsaaaan*
(that bitch knows me well..*bitch*)

I hoped to hear I Miss You.. but I left after their gimmick (everyone thought the show was really over)..after my last glance of Brandon’s lean-tattooed build, we made way to a friend’s birthday bash. But it was all worth it. Somewhat about their professionalisme (+ their originality+energy+songs+flair+etc..), tells me it’ll be worth it to pay 3 times the ticket price in the future to attend their concert again..(here in Malaysia that is..)..They imprinted a memory within me..and Im even listening to their albums as Im yip yapping this gila-long review on the concert..

Pis: to my Legend-fan-friends, no, i didn’t keep replaying John Legend on my pod..so, as much as u claim that he’s hot/sexy, it didn’t really ‘hit’ me..pardon my ignorance...somehow, i think Alfie's turned me into a rawk-chika kot *laugh*laugh*

2 comments:

  1. "alfie turned me into a rawk-chika"....alfie alfie alfie!!! but anyhow,im glad u enjoyed the concert....i laf u rawk-chika.... next month celine dion!!! wanna torture our ear-drums??? what say u??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh look! speaking of the devil...he she is..hha *hug* pfffbbt!

    ReplyDelete