Saturday, October 11, 2008

Some Movies

Around the quarter end of last year, I was eyeing a fiction; p.s I love you. I was told that it’s a darn good read..But, bein so fickle so many times considering wether a trip to Borders is better than browsing thru Aldo, had brought me to date, with anything but the book. Instead, I found the movie. Im always the less-wary by the latest issue, so..its not much of a deal that I got pretty excited.

Anyway, im also quite surprised to find our 300 drool factor, Mr. Gerard Butler and Ms swanky starring alongside our FRIEND’s bluntie, Lisa Kudrow. I suppose it must’ve screened at the cinema too..and figured how outdated I am. (feeeeck!)

So anyhow, the movie was beautiful. Altho, its more or less a chick-flick, my man found it quite nice too. And he did not dozed halfway, so..u guys should believe me..go see it. (unless u have la..of course)

It’s quite frustrating that it’s rare nowadays to find a movie u cant really predict the ending thru the 1st 20 minutes..and its even harder to come out of a cinema theatre with less than a dozen F word, while regretting the movie tix u cant use again and the 8 bucks pirated dvd u can rerun anytime in case u dozed off midway.

We need more Quentin Tarrantino. More Mel Gibson’s kind of imagination to drive more appreciation to discourage piracy issue and delivers its purpose. Cuz I seriously think that, movies nowadays are qualitied to screen just as a cover up for amateur lovers in need of a darker place to explore each other instead of bein intrigued to see the show. Much worse that we Malaysian have a board of people filtering our theatre contents when our local channels are filled with endless negative real-life drama starred by our real-life 'heroes' (flesh and blood, bloody, corrupted and explicit too).

Anyway, another movie that got me awed was Sex and the city. (Yeah, i know the craze's over n this is like me reviewing the obsolete..but this posting had also been left idle in my draft box for quite sometime too..so, read on..shh) Well, despite the fact that there’s an entire row of shelf filled with the complete season in my house, Im crediting SATC the movie not only because my natural senses was aroused by the lineups of cool outfits and shoes worn by the casts, but also becaused im impressed with the writer's cleverness in delivering her message with a moral value we can all learn from and at the same time, injects a pinch of reality in the fairytale world of movies we all love to ponder in. Thus, despite getting carried away sobbing almost every 20 minutes thruout the entire film (even after 3 reruns), my feet was firm on the ground and not partially floating in dreamland(as always) and crash land as the movie ends, (in major chick flicks and romantic films.)

I also love the part that proved that no matter how modern a person can be, we somehow goes back to the old-fashioned way as the best approach for certain acpects in life, especially love. After all, love has been around for the longest time and no matter how much we've changed, it has survived to stay as the most important thing that kept us going. Geez, even directors need 'love' to give the best at what they do (needless if its the film, the money or even the actress)

pis: Last night i played SATC again. Paused halfway to take a shower (after all day of not showering..heh) cus after seeing them all glammed up and shiny, i felt so slobbish and comot. see how much a movie can influence someone....? that's y i hate horror movie. :p

piss: Another movie that speaks of 'me', the whole storyline, script, set and all is simply a reason to hope for more good movies blossoming. Watch Love & Other disaster

No comments:

Post a Comment